Odorous Ants In Las Vegas
Physical Characteristics of Odorous Ants
- Odorous ants range in color, usually from brown to black.
- Their bodies range from 1/16 to 1/8 inches with long antennas.
- Odorous ants are known to release a terrible smell when they die.
Odorous Ant Behavior
- They nest indoors and outdoors. You can find them under your sink, doormats, under rocks, trash cans, potted plants, and exposed soil.
- These ants are very resilient and tough. Workers who are injured continue to forage and work for the colony. Some queens with damaged abdomens are still able to lay eggs.
- They can also survive without food or water for over two months.
Odorous Ant Food Sources
- Odorous ants tend to travel in trails and forage for food day and night.
- They prefer sweets but they will feed on anything inside your home.
- They also feed off insects, seeds, and plant secretions.
Odorous Ant Life Cycle
- Odorous ant colonies can range from 100 workers to 10,000 with hundreds of queens.
- Queens live at least 8 months. Workers tend to live a few months but sometimes can live as long as the queen.
- Males appear to only live one week. After a few days of mating, males usually die and females begin new colonies.
Odorous Ant Information and Warnings
- Odorous ants will eat anything you leave out inside your home.
- Their bites are not dangerous but they can become an annoyance due to their persistence traveling in large numbers and contaminating your food.
If your experiencing an odorous ant infestation in your home, reach out to Fischer's Pest Control as soon as possible.
I called Fischer Pest Control to do an initial spraying/set up for our property. I have not seen any pests to date but it is always a good idea to pre-treat. The technician was on time, friendly and very knowledgeable about pests and rodents.- Melinda B.
I have been using Fischer’s for over three years and I am forever grateful for their professional service. Kevin is the technician that comes to my home he always uses pet safe sprays!- Michelle W.
We have been using Fischer's Pest Control since 2004, having excellent service from their service technicians. If we have an issue, they are here to address our issue.- American Jetting Services
Thanks Ryan for the great job you did on my home! No insects, spiders, scorpions that's a plus especially for my kids and my german shepherd! Inside and out I recommend this company for those who want a great job at an affordable price.- Jon N.
Once the ants started showing up this summer, I knew I didn't want to deal with it again. I contacted Fischer's Pest Control, and after the first visit I never saw another live ant, roach, spider, or anything. Extremely friendly!- William K.
We got bed bugs from some used furniture and could not get rid of them. They spread to two other family members homes since we didn't know at the time that we had them. Fischer's got rid of them the first treatment at all three properties.- Brian C.
Fischer's Pest Control team was on time and effective while providing excellent customer service. I had a bee infestation on the roof of my house. They are my first and only company to call for pest removal.- Lance B.
Our family has had Fischer's Pest Control for the past 10 years. I would not use any other pest control company. I have recommended Fischer’s Pest Control to all my family, co-workers & friends. FISCHER’S PEST CONTROL IS THE BEST IN LAS VEG- Christine L.
We’re Nevada state-licensed via the Department of Agriculture and fully insured. We stay current with annual continuing education. We do use hazardous chemicals, so safety for our customers and ourselves is always top priority.
The Fischer’s Pest Control guarantee gives you peace of mind. When we exterminate, pests stay dead. If you see substantial evidence that your problem hasn’t gone away within 30 days, we’ll be back to fix it for free. Period.
We’re on time and we get the job done. Your time and ours is valuable, and we hate being late just as much as you do. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly pest control, we’ll be there every month, on time and ready to work.
We don’t need to get married to take care of your pest control needs. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly attention, we’ll prove our worth to you each month, over and over again. We’ve been contract-free since 2003.
We know you don’t want to be charged before the pest problem is solved.