Black Harvester Ants In Las Vegas
Physical Characteristics of Black Harvester Ants
- These ants are dark-colored, usually black or reddish black. Their bodies are covered with either white or yellow hairs.
- Males usually measure around 8.5 mm and females around 10 mm.
- Sizes can vary based on factors like availability of food and competition with other species.
Black Harvester Ant Behavior
- The typical harvester ant colonies consist of workers, winged reproductives and one queen.
- Black harvester ants are usually very aggressive, especially when their nest is being disturbed.
- They are ground-nesting ants, creating mounds in open areas with multiple openings on the sides.
Las Vegas Food Sources
- Their main food sources are seeds, plants, and other small insects.
Black Harvester Ant Life Cycle
- Black harvester ants are common during the summer.
- Male ants die after mating while females go out to find new nesting areas.
- Queens will continue to reproduce worker ants until her death. Queens are known to live up to 30 years.
Black Harvester Ant Las Vegas Information and Warnings
- Be careful when dealing with black harvester ants.
- They are known to be aggressive and will also sting when disturbed or attacked by predators.
- People with allergic reactions to insect stings should stay cautious and keep your distance.
If you notice any signs of infestation, reach out to a professional pest control service to inspect the area and determine how to eliminate the ants. Contact us at 702-815-7894 for a free consultation.
I called Fischer Pest Control to do an initial spraying/set up for our property. I have not seen any pests to date but it is always a good idea to pre-treat. The technician was on time, friendly and very knowledgeable about pests and rodents.- Melinda B.
I have been using Fischer’s for over three years and I am forever grateful for their professional service. Kevin is the technician that comes to my home he always uses pet safe sprays!- Michelle W.
We have been using Fischer's Pest Control since 2004, having excellent service from their service technicians. If we have an issue, they are here to address our issue.- American Jetting Services
Thanks Ryan for the great job you did on my home! No insects, spiders, scorpions that's a plus especially for my kids and my german shepherd! Inside and out I recommend this company for those who want a great job at an affordable price.- Jon N.
Once the ants started showing up this summer, I knew I didn't want to deal with it again. I contacted Fischer's Pest Control, and after the first visit I never saw another live ant, roach, spider, or anything. Extremely friendly!- William K.
We got bed bugs from some used furniture and could not get rid of them. They spread to two other family members homes since we didn't know at the time that we had them. Fischer's got rid of them the first treatment at all three properties.- Brian C.
Fischer's Pest Control team was on time and effective while providing excellent customer service. I had a bee infestation on the roof of my house. They are my first and only company to call for pest removal.- Lance B.
Our family has had Fischer's Pest Control for the past 10 years. I would not use any other pest control company. I have recommended Fischer’s Pest Control to all my family, co-workers & friends. FISCHER’S PEST CONTROL IS THE BEST IN LAS VEG- Christine L.
We’re Nevada state-licensed via the Department of Agriculture and fully insured. We stay current with annual continuing education. We do use hazardous chemicals, so safety for our customers and ourselves is always top priority.
The Fischer’s Pest Control guarantee gives you peace of mind. When we exterminate, pests stay dead. If you see substantial evidence that your problem hasn’t gone away within 30 days, we’ll be back to fix it for free. Period.
We’re on time and we get the job done. Your time and ours is valuable, and we hate being late just as much as you do. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly pest control, we’ll be there every month, on time and ready to work.
We don’t need to get married to take care of your pest control needs. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly attention, we’ll prove our worth to you each month, over and over again. We’ve been contract-free since 2003.
We know you don’t want to be charged before the pest problem is solved.