Carpenter Ants in Las Vegas
Physical Characteristics of Carpenter Ants
- Carpenter ants can range in size from 3.4 to 13 mm long.
- The most common color of carpenter ants are black but some can be shades of red or yellow depending on species.
Carpenter Ant Behavior
- Carpenter ants can live outdoor and indoors in moist areas usually in old rotting wood.
- They will dig into the wood grain and form their nests inside. Most species of carpenter ants will forage for food during night time.
- When carpenter ants find food sources they leave a trail of pheromones from the source to the nest to increase the strength of the foraging trail.
Carpenter Ant Food Sources
- Carpenter ants are foragers, common food sources include honeydew from aphids and nectar from other plants.
- Carpenter ants will pretty much eat anything humans eat as well as other insects.
Carpenter Ant Life Cycle
- A full functional colony can take 3 to 6 years to be established.
- The life cycle of a carpenter ant can be anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks from egg to adult.
- Carpenter ant queens can live up to 25 years while laying thousands of eggs in their lifetime.
Carpenter Ant Information and Warnings
- Be on the look out for wood debris mixed with parts of dead ants.
- Carpenter ants are not aggressive but if their nests are disturbed, they will bite to defend themselves.
- Carpenter ants are known to be one of the bigger species, their bite can break the skin but they are not poisonous to humans.
I called Fischer Pest Control to do an initial spraying/set up for our property. I have not seen any pests to date but it is always a good idea to pre-treat. The technician was on time, friendly and very knowledgeable about pests and rodents.- Melinda B.
I have been using Fischer’s for over three years and I am forever grateful for their professional service. Kevin is the technician that comes to my home he always uses pet safe sprays!- Michelle W.
We have been using Fischer's Pest Control since 2004, having excellent service from their service technicians. If we have an issue, they are here to address our issue.- American Jetting Services
Thanks Ryan for the great job you did on my home! No insects, spiders, scorpions that's a plus especially for my kids and my german shepherd! Inside and out I recommend this company for those who want a great job at an affordable price.- Jon N.
Once the ants started showing up this summer, I knew I didn't want to deal with it again. I contacted Fischer's Pest Control, and after the first visit I never saw another live ant, roach, spider, or anything. Extremely friendly!- William K.
We got bed bugs from some used furniture and could not get rid of them. They spread to two other family members homes since we didn't know at the time that we had them. Fischer's got rid of them the first treatment at all three properties.- Brian C.
Fischer's Pest Control team was on time and effective while providing excellent customer service. I had a bee infestation on the roof of my house. They are my first and only company to call for pest removal.- Lance B.
Our family has had Fischer's Pest Control for the past 10 years. I would not use any other pest control company. I have recommended Fischer’s Pest Control to all my family, co-workers & friends. FISCHER’S PEST CONTROL IS THE BEST IN LAS VEG- Christine L.
We’re Nevada state-licensed via the Department of Agriculture and fully insured. We stay current with annual continuing education. We do use hazardous chemicals, so safety for our customers and ourselves is always top priority.
The Fischer’s Pest Control guarantee gives you peace of mind. When we exterminate, pests stay dead. If you see substantial evidence that your problem hasn’t gone away within 30 days, we’ll be back to fix it for free. Period.
We’re on time and we get the job done. Your time and ours is valuable, and we hate being late just as much as you do. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly pest control, we’ll be there every month, on time and ready to work.
We don’t need to get married to take care of your pest control needs. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly attention, we’ll prove our worth to you each month, over and over again. We’ve been contract-free since 2003.
We know you don’t want to be charged before the pest problem is solved.