Local professionals ready to help!
Carpenter Ants Characteristics Las Vegas
Physical Characteristics of Carpenter Ants
- Carpenter ants can range in size from 3.4 to 13 mm long.
- The most common color of carpenter ants are black but some can be shades of red or yellow depending on species.
Carpenter Ant Behavior
- Carpenter ants can live outdoor and indoors in moist areas usually in old rotting wood.
- They will dig into the wood grain and form their nests inside. Most species of carpenter ants will forage for food during night time.
- When carpenter ants find food sources they leave a trail of pheromones from the source to the nest to increase the strength of the foraging trail.
Las Vegas Food Sources
- Carpenter ants are foragers, common food sources include honeydew from aphids and nectar from other plants.
- Carpenter ants will pretty much eat anything humans eat as well as other insects.
Carpenter Ant Life Cycle
- A full functional colony can take 3 to 6 years to be established.
- The life cycle of a carpenter ant can be anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks from egg to adult.
- Carpenter ant queens can live up to 25 years while laying thousands of eggs in their lifetime.
Carpenter Ant Las Vegas Information and Warnings
- Be on the look out for wood debris mixed with parts of dead ants.
- Carpenter ants are not aggressive but if their nests are disturbed, they will bite to defend themselves.
- Carpenter ants are known to be one of the bigger species, their bite can break the skin but they are not poisonous to humans.
- Licensed & Insured We’re Nevada state-licensed via the Department of Agriculture and fully insured. We stay current with annual continuing education. We do use hazardous chemicals, so safety for our customers and ourselves is always top priority.
- FPC Guarantee The Fischer’s Pest Control guarantee gives you peace of mind. When we exterminate, pests stay dead. If you see substantial evidence that your problem hasn’t gone away within 30 days, we’ll be back to fix it for free. Period.
- Reliable Visits We’re on time and we get the job done. Your time and ours is valuable, and we hate being late just as much as you do. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly pest control, we’ll be there every month, on time and ready to work.
- No Contracts We don’t need to get married to take care of your pest control needs. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly attention, we’ll prove our worth to you each month, over and over again. We’ve been contract-free since 2003.
- Free Estimates We know you don’t want to be charged before the pest problem is solved.
About UsLearn More