Physical Characteristics of AHBs in Las Vegas, NV
- Brownish-amber with black stripes across abdomen
- Measure 3/4” in length and fuzzy
- Four, translucent wings and six legs attached to the thorax, used for transporting pollen
- Africanized Honey Bees in Las Vegas nest anywhere, including below ground, inside of trees, empty containers, etc.
- Bees will relocate if food sources are scarce or their hive is disturbed
- Unable to survive in extreme weather conditions
- Nectar and Pollen from flowers
- Mating occurs while bees are in flight
- Development of eggs spans from 16 to 24 days
- Queens live up to 4 years; Drones live up to 10 weeks, but typically die upon mating; Workers live up to 30 days
Related Pest Control Information and Warnings
- Africanized honey bees are also known as “Killer Bees”
- Extremely aggressive, responding to perceived threats with attacking swarms
- Perceived threats include noise and vibrations
Africanized honey bees are found in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you think you have a colony, please contact us at 702-815-7894. Our pest control professionals have the proper equipment to identify and eliminate them.
- Licensed & Insured We’re Nevada state-licensed via the Department of Agriculture and fully insured. We stay current with annual continuing education. We do use hazardous chemicals, so safety for our customers and ourselves is always top priority.
- FPC Guarantee The Fischer’s Pest Control guarantee gives you peace of mind. When we exterminate, pests stay dead. If you see substantial evidence that your problem hasn’t gone away within 30 days, we’ll be back to fix it for free. Period.
- Reliable Visits We’re on time and we get the job done. Your time and ours is valuable, and we hate being late just as much as you do. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly pest control, we’ll be there every month, on time and ready to work.
- No Contracts We don’t need to get married to take care of your pest control needs. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly attention, we’ll prove our worth to you each month, over and over again. We’ve been contract-free since 2003.
- Free Estimates We know you don’t want to be charged before the pest problem is solved.