Physical Characteristics of Argentine Ants in Las Vegas
- Variations in color include a dull red, yellowish or dark brown
- Workers are .12” long. Queens are double to quadruple the length
- Emit an odor that is musty and stale when crushed
Argentine Ant Behavior
- Form supercolonies of ants via unicoloniality, the intermingling of physically separated nests
- Supercolonies include 100’s of queens
- Prefer nesting in organic materials that are decomposing
- Invade homes and other shelter during storms, droughts, etc.
Food Sources in Las Vegas
- Omnivorous, preferring the juice of fruits or sweet matter
- Argentine ants live up to five months
Related Information and Warnings
- Killing worker ants is futile as queens can produce more workers quickly in Las Vegas
- Travel occurs along pheromone paths allowing extreme mobility for the colony
- Over time, the colony/network can infest entire city blocks as a result of unicolonity
Contact Fischer’s Pest Control at 702-815-7894 if you have a concern about an Argentine ant infestation in your Las Vegas home.
- Licensed & Insured We’re Nevada state-licensed via the Department of Agriculture and fully insured. We stay current with annual continuing education. We do use hazardous chemicals, so safety for our customers and ourselves is always top priority.
- FPC Guarantee The Fischer’s Pest Control guarantee gives you peace of mind. When we exterminate, pests stay dead. If you see substantial evidence that your problem hasn’t gone away within 30 days, we’ll be back to fix it for free. Period.
- Reliable Visits We’re on time and we get the job done. Your time and ours is valuable, and we hate being late just as much as you do. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly pest control, we’ll be there every month, on time and ready to work.
- No Contracts We don’t need to get married to take care of your pest control needs. If your Las Vegas property requires monthly attention, we’ll prove our worth to you each month, over and over again. We’ve been contract-free since 2003.
- Free Estimates We know you don’t want to be charged before the pest problem is solved.