Physical Characteristics of Silverfish in Las Vegas
- Body is scaly and soft
- Brownish to silver in hue, measuring up to ¾” in length
- Long and round at top, tapering at the bottom of the body with 3 protruding tails
- A pair of antennae appear on the Silverfish’s head
Silverfish Las Vegas Behavior
- Exhibit extreme fear of light, making them difficult to be detected by humans
Las Vegas Food Sources
- Starches and dextrin – Sources include fabrics, hair, carpet, paints and adhesives, etc.
Silverfish Life Cycle
- Females lay up to 60 eggs at a time
- Silverfish can live up to 10 years
Related Silverfish Information and Warnings
- Although the Silverfish is harmless to humans, its droppings can contaminate food
- Silverfish can be destructive to fabrics, papers and adhesives
Are you noticing Silverfish around your Las Vegas property? Call Fischer’s Pest Control today at (702) 348-9278 for a free quote.